Last Friday, after 19 years of companionship, our cat Emma passed away. She died from old age, peacefully during the night, and my mom and brother who were at home buried her body in a beautiful spot in one of the mountains near the house. It is very weird now, walking around the house without her - I still call out "Hi Emma" whenever I walk in the door, and I still guard my plate when I eat meat, I still expect her to come around the corner and sit in my lap. Though she was very old and thin and had trouble jumping as high as she used to, she still had enough zeal in her to snatch the chicken wing off the Passover plate just two weeks before.
I was ten when my father brought her, she was then a few weeks old, small and frightened and we chased her around the house until she found refuge behind my mom who was sitting on the bed. I'm glad I was in Israel when she died and got to say one last goodbye. As my sister put it, Emma waited for me to let go and pass away, and I am happy that she did.
I was ten when my father brought her, she was then a few weeks old, small and frightened and we chased her around the house until she found refuge behind my mom who was sitting on the bed. I'm glad I was in Israel when she died and got to say one last goodbye. As my sister put it, Emma waited for me to let go and pass away, and I am happy that she did.
Two pics of Emma and the little pile of rocks we buried her under

So sad! Sorry for you dear.
ReplyDelete